Saturday 4 March 2017

A Lovely Grey Day


You'll just have to take my word for it that this appalling quality shot is moi and my now real life chum and fellow blogger Lovely Grey http://lovelygreyday.blogspot.co.uk/....we were looking down into a mirror at the bottom of a dark wooden cupboard so it was to be expected really!

We've been to the Bethlem Museum of the Mind today. A truly fascinating place which deals with the still rather taboo subject of mental health with great sensitivity. Both of us have experience of this on a professional and personal basis which added an extra dimension to the visit for me.

Alongside that we've sat on our rumps a fair amount, gossiping, cackling and making good use of a local hostelry. This time I'd done my research beforehand and tracked down the nearest decent pub. We've got this meeting up business down to a fine art these days and the next date is already in the diary!

The chairs are part of a textile exhibition showing what a positive impact expressing your creativity through art can have a person's recovery.


I have been beetling about these past few days, but seem to have got rather behind with my blogging this week. Hopefully I will catch up over the next few days.

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. You were in a dark cupboard together?! My suspicions have been confirmed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get two similarly minded Essex Girls together they are capable of getting into all sorts of mischief I have found!
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. I too have been a slow blogger, but I have no tales of trips with fellow bloggers to speak of. I enjoy your off the beaten path posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I started to blog I intended to write a thrifty blog, but I was incapable of sticking to one subject!
      Arilx

      Delete
  3. Liking the chair muchly, might do that for my chair where I paint,

    ReplyDelete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...