Monday 14 April 2014

Wandering in the Woods Part One

I am a girl of the woods through and through...nowhere else do I find such peace. The Sussex woods fill me with particular joy. Yesterday Mr GBT and my jolly good chum H accompanied me on a walk organised by the Sussex Wildlife Trust. A taster of what greeted us.




Plant indicators for ancient woodland. Moschatel [aka Town Hall Clock because of its 4 faces] and Yellow Archangel


Cuckoo Flower [aka Lords and Ladies], Stitchwort [my parents always call this Shirt Buttons] and Wood Anemone




Bank Haircap Moss [I think- please do correct me if I'm wrong. I like to learn!]


And finally new growth and catkins on a Hornbeam [this one was identified by another member in the group]

Just beautiful and topped off with sunshine. I shall show you a few of the non woodland goodies in part two.

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Aril :) I too am a woman of the woodland.... who is currently stuck by the sea :( Sea's lovely too, but how I miss having a decent size patch of trees within walking distance :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your part of the world too K....I lived just outside Norwich.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...